Ivorian sets himself alight at Rome's Fiumicino airport
ROME Feb 14 (Reuters) - A man from Ivory Coast doused himself with fuel and set himself on fire at Rome's Fiumicino airport on Thursday after showing officials a deportation order, police said.
The incident occurred in a customs police office in Terminal 3 of the airport, Italy's largest. Police said the man had poured a canister of fuel over himself and ignited it with a lighter.
The man was taken to hospital in serious condition while a policeman who put out the flames sustained a burn to his arm.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command