- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares firm, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Moody's puts Jamaica's sovereign rating on review to cut
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Feb 14 (Reuters) - Moody's Investors Service on Thursday put Jamaica's sovereign rating on review for downgrade on a domestic debt exchange program that has already seen the country cut by two other major rating agencies this week.
Moody's said it was placing Jamaica's B3 on review "as a result of the authorities' announcement that the government will pursue a debt restructuring involving a debt exchange that will affect US $9.1 million in domestic debt..." the agency said in a statement.
Rating agencies Fitch and Standard & Poor's on Tuesday cut Jamaica's ratings on the debt exchange program.
S&P cut Jamaica's rating to SD, or selective default. Fitch cut the country to C.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this