CANADA STOCKS-TSX slips as BlackBerry, energy offset Barrick gains
TORONTO, Feb 14 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened lower on Thursday, with declines in BlackBerry and energy shares offsetting a rise in Barrick Gold Corp after the miner reported quarterly results. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 24.74 points, or 0.19 percent, at 12,750.54 shortly after the open.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source