Euro extends losses, falls 1 percent on day versus yen
LONDON Feb 14 (Reuters) - The euro fell more than 1 percent on the day against the yen on Thursday, pushed lower by concerns about a deepening recession in the euro zone.
The single currency fell 1.3 percent to a session low of 124.01 yen, with market players citing selling by a European bank.
Traders said a break through technical levels in the dollar against the yen, which fell 0.2 percent to 93.13 yen, added to broad demand for the Japanese currency.
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |