- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Euro extends losses, falls 1 percent on day versus yen
LONDON Feb 14 (Reuters) - The euro fell more than 1 percent on the day against the yen on Thursday, pushed lower by concerns about a deepening recession in the euro zone.
The single currency fell 1.3 percent to a session low of 124.01 yen, with market players citing selling by a European bank.
Traders said a break through technical levels in the dollar against the yen, which fell 0.2 percent to 93.13 yen, added to broad demand for the Japanese currency.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this