Euro extends losses, falls 1 percent on day versus yen
LONDON Feb 14 (Reuters) - The euro fell more than 1 percent on the day against the yen on Thursday, pushed lower by concerns about a deepening recession in the euro zone.
The single currency fell 1.3 percent to a session low of 124.01 yen, with market players citing selling by a European bank.
Traders said a break through technical levels in the dollar against the yen, which fell 0.2 percent to 93.13 yen, added to broad demand for the Japanese currency.
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- U.S. fast-food workers walk off job, rally for higher minimum wage