Hong Kong shares set to open up 1.1 pct, Wharf Holdings climbs
HONG KONG Feb 14 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start higher on Thursday, with local property developer Wharf Holdings rising 4.7 percent to be the top percentage gainer among Hang Seng Index components.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 1.1 percent at 23,460.31. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to open 0.9 percent higher.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad