Nikkei edges up, BOJ expected to calm tensions over policy easing
TOKYO, Feb 14 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average inched up at Thursday's open, with the Bank of Japan's widely-expected decision to leave policy unchanged potentially soothing international tensions over Japan's aggressive monetary easing that has driven the yen lower. The Nikkei tiptoed up 0.1 percent to 11,264.35, while the broader Topix also crept up 0.1 percent to 957.56.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source