Nikkei rises on strong earnings but mood cautious before G20
TOKYO, Feb 14 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rebounded on Thursday as investors flocked to companies posting rosy earnings, such as brewer Asahi Group Holdings, but gains were modest as many investors trod cautiously before a meeting of G20 finance ministers this weekend. The Nikkei gained 0.5 percent to 11,307.28, while the broader Topix shed 0.2 percent to 954.88.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |