Nikkei rises on strong earnings but mood cautious before G20
TOKYO, Feb 14 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rebounded on Thursday as investors flocked to companies posting rosy earnings, such as brewer Asahi Group Holdings, but gains were modest as many investors trod cautiously before a meeting of G20 finance ministers this weekend. The Nikkei gained 0.5 percent to 11,307.28, while the broader Topix shed 0.2 percent to 954.88.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone