US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 ends up slightly for third day
NEW YORK Feb 14 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 ended a third straight session of minimal gains on Thursday, helped by a flurry of merger activity, though investors expect a pullback with major averages near multi-year highs.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was down 8.98 points, or 0.06 percent, at 13,973.93. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 1.07 points, or 0.07 percent, at 1,521.40. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 1.78 points, or 0.06 percent, at 3,198.66.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted