US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 ends up slightly for third day
NEW YORK Feb 14 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 ended a third straight session of minimal gains on Thursday, helped by a flurry of merger activity, though investors expect a pullback with major averages near multi-year highs.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was down 8.98 points, or 0.06 percent, at 13,973.93. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 1.07 points, or 0.07 percent, at 1,521.40. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 1.78 points, or 0.06 percent, at 3,198.66.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data