Monte Paschi former finance chief arrested in Italy
MILAN Feb 14 (Reuters) - Italian police arrested on Thursday the former head of Monte dei Paschi's finance department who is at the centre of a fraud and bribery probe at Italy's third largest bank, two investigative sources told Reuters.
The sources said the man arrested was Gianluca Baldassarri, who left Monte dei Paschi shortly after the arrival of new chief executive Fabrizio Viola in Jan. 2012.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |