Monte Paschi former finance chief arrested in Italy
MILAN Feb 14 (Reuters) - Italian police arrested on Thursday the former head of Monte dei Paschi's finance department who is at the centre of a fraud and bribery probe at Italy's third largest bank, two investigative sources told Reuters.
The sources said the man arrested was Gianluca Baldassarri, who left Monte dei Paschi shortly after the arrival of new chief executive Fabrizio Viola in Jan. 2012.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |