Monte Paschi former finance chief arrested in Italy
MILAN Feb 14 (Reuters) - Italian police arrested on Thursday the former head of Monte dei Paschi's finance department who is at the centre of a fraud and bribery probe at Italy's third largest bank, two investigative sources told Reuters.
The sources said the man arrested was Gianluca Baldassarri, who left Monte dei Paschi shortly after the arrival of new chief executive Fabrizio Viola in Jan. 2012.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal