Monte Paschi former finance chief arrested in Italy
MILAN Feb 14 (Reuters) - Italian police arrested on Thursday the former head of Monte dei Paschi's finance department who is at the centre of a fraud and bribery probe at Italy's third largest bank, two investigative sources told Reuters.
The sources said the man arrested was Gianluca Baldassarri, who left Monte dei Paschi shortly after the arrival of new chief executive Fabrizio Viola in Jan. 2012.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter