REFILE-Penn West posts smaller loss on asset sale gain
Feb 14 (Reuters) - Penn West Petroleum Ltd, one of western Canada's largest conventional oil and gas producers, posted a smaller fourth-quarter loss on gains from asset sales.
Net loss for the quarter was C$53 million ($52.87 million), or 11 Canadian cents per share, compared with a loss of C$62 million, or 13 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Gross revenue fell 18 percent to C$799 million.
Production for the quarter was 153,931 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), down from 168,801 boe/d a year earlier.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default