PEP, Unitas Capital say Asahi allegations unfounded and untrue
HONG KONG Feb 14 (Reuters) - Private equity firms Pacific Equity Partners and Unitas Capital said in a statement on Thursday that Asahi Group Holdings Ltd's allegations that they inflated earnings at Independent Liquor ahead of a 2011 sale were unfounded and untrue.
Japanese brewer Asahi, which acquired Independent Liquor for NZ$1.5 billion ($1.26 billion), is suing individual directors and investment funds controlled by the two private equity firms in Australia's Federal Court. ($1 = 1.1885 New Zealand dollars) (Reporting by Stephen Aldred; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |