PEP, Unitas Capital say Asahi allegations unfounded and untrue
HONG KONG Feb 14 (Reuters) - Private equity firms Pacific Equity Partners and Unitas Capital said in a statement on Thursday that Asahi Group Holdings Ltd's allegations that they inflated earnings at Independent Liquor ahead of a 2011 sale were unfounded and untrue.
Japanese brewer Asahi, which acquired Independent Liquor for NZ$1.5 billion ($1.26 billion), is suing individual directors and investment funds controlled by the two private equity firms in Australia's Federal Court. ($1 = 1.1885 New Zealand dollars) (Reporting by Stephen Aldred; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |