PEP, Unitas Capital say Asahi allegations unfounded and untrue
HONG KONG Feb 14 (Reuters) - Private equity firms Pacific Equity Partners and Unitas Capital said in a statement on Thursday that Asahi Group Holdings Ltd's allegations that they inflated earnings at Independent Liquor ahead of a 2011 sale were unfounded and untrue.
Japanese brewer Asahi, which acquired Independent Liquor for NZ$1.5 billion ($1.26 billion), is suing individual directors and investment funds controlled by the two private equity firms in Australia's Federal Court. ($1 = 1.1885 New Zealand dollars) (Reporting by Stephen Aldred; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes