PepsiCo fourth-quarter profit rises
Feb 14 (Reuters) - PepsiCo Inc reported a higher quarterly profit on Thursday, helped by increases in sales volume and prices.
The maker of Gatorade sports drinks and Quaker oatmeal said net income was $1.66 billion, or $1.06 per share, in the fourth quarter, up from $1.42 billion, or 89 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding special items, earnings were $1.09 per share.
Net revenue fell 1 percent to $19.95 billion. Excluding the effect of items including structural changes in the company's business, an extra selling week in 2011 and currency exchange rates, revenue increased 5 percent.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 6, others missing
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source