CORRECTED-Renault-Nissan, Unicredit create Russia sales finance JV
(Corrects sales figure to 352,808 units from 2.9 million in third paragraph)
PARIS Feb 14 (Reuters) - Renault and Nissan said on Thursday they would create a joint venture with Italian bank Unicredit to give loans to auto buyers in Russia.
The carmakers will have a 60 percent stake, while UniCredit will hold 40 percent.
Renault-Nissan sold 352,808 new vehicles in Russia last year, giving it 12 percent market share and making the country an important source of growth. (Reporting by Leila Abboud; Editing by James Regan and Alison Birrane)
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels |
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources