Rio Tinto says paid no Australia MRRT tax last year
SYDNEY Feb 14 (Reuters) - Rio Tinto said it paid no tax under Australia's new Mineral Resources Rent Tax (MRRT), introduced during the middle of last year, chief executive Sam Walsh said on Thursday.
Walsh also told reporters he was not working on any acquisitions at present, focusing instead on better controlling costs and selling non-core and under-performing assets.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |