Rio Tinto says paid no Australia MRRT tax last year
SYDNEY Feb 14 (Reuters) - Rio Tinto said it paid no tax under Australia's new Mineral Resources Rent Tax (MRRT), introduced during the middle of last year, chief executive Sam Walsh said on Thursday.
Walsh also told reporters he was not working on any acquisitions at present, focusing instead on better controlling costs and selling non-core and under-performing assets.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine