Rio Tinto says paid no Australia MRRT tax last year
SYDNEY Feb 14 (Reuters) - Rio Tinto said it paid no tax under Australia's new Mineral Resources Rent Tax (MRRT), introduced during the middle of last year, chief executive Sam Walsh said on Thursday.
Walsh also told reporters he was not working on any acquisitions at present, focusing instead on better controlling costs and selling non-core and under-performing assets.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers