Ivorian sets himself alight at Rome's Fiumicino airport
ROME (Reuters) - A man from Ivory Coast doused himself with fuel and set himself on fire at Rome's Fiumicino airport on Thursday after showing officials a deportation order, police said.
The incident occurred in a customs police office in Terminal 3 of the airport, Italy's largest. Police said the man had poured a canister of fuel over himself and ignited it with a lighter.
The man was taken to hospital in serious condition while a policeman who put out the flames sustained a burn to his arm.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |