Ivorian sets himself alight at Rome's Fiumicino airport
ROME (Reuters) - A man from Ivory Coast doused himself with fuel and set himself on fire at Rome's Fiumicino airport on Thursday after showing officials a deportation order, police said.
The incident occurred in a customs police office in Terminal 3 of the airport, Italy's largest. Police said the man had poured a canister of fuel over himself and ignited it with a lighter.
The man was taken to hospital in serious condition while a policeman who put out the flames sustained a burn to his arm.
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation
- Global share indexes, dollar, trim gains on Ukraine tension