Blackstone largely sticks with SAC Capital, gets better terms
(Reuters) - Blackstone Group, one of the world's most powerful hedge fund investors, is largely sticking with Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors but has negotiated more favorable liquidity terms, spokesman Peter Rose said in a statement.
The news came on the day investors had to notify Cohen's $14 billion fund whether they were sticking with him or leaving as the firm faces heightened scrutiny in the government's insider trading investigation.
Sources said Blackstone had roughly $550 million invested with SAC, making it the largest outside investor in Cohen's fund.
(Reporting by Matthew Goldstein and Svea Herbst-Bayliss; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea