South Africa police arrest 26-year-old for Pistorius shooting
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African police said on Thursday they had arrested a 26-year-old man after a woman was shot dead at the Pretoria home of Olympic and Paralympic track star Oscar Pistorius.
"We found a 9 millimeter pistol at the scene. A 26-year-old man was taken into custody," police spokeswoman Katlego Mogale told Reuters. She declined to name the suspect or give any further details.
Pistorius is 26 years old.
(Reporting by Tiisetso Motsoeneng; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official