Man charged with murder after Pistorius shooting: police
PRETORIA (Reuters) - South African police said on Thursday they had charged a 26-year-old man with murder after the girlfriend of paralympic track superstar Oscar Pistorius was shot dead at his Pretoria home.
A police spokeswoman did not name 26-year-old Pistorius, in accordance with South African law, but said he and the victim, Reeva Steenkamp, were the only people in the house at the time of the shooting.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM