SPX Corp reports fourth-quarter loss from continuing operations
(Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer SPX Corp (SPW.N) reported a fourth-quarter loss from continuing operations, hurt by a non-cash impairment charge, but revenue rose 14 percent.
The company, which makes products ranging from equipment used in food and beverage production to electrical transformers, reported a loss of $3.62 per share from continuing operations in the quarter ended December, compared with a profit of $1.13 per share a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $1.44 billion.
(Reporting By Bijoy Koyitty; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine