Fire where fugitive ex-cop was sought not set intentionally: police
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The fire that destroyed a cabin in the mountains above Los Angeles where a fugitive former cop was believed to have died was not set intentionally by law enforcement, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said on Wednesday.
McMahon said authorities believed 33-year-old ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner died in the cabin but said coroner's investigators had not yet formally identified the remains found there.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand