Fire where fugitive ex-cop was sought not set intentionally: police
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The fire that destroyed a cabin in the mountains above Los Angeles where a fugitive former cop was believed to have died was not set intentionally by law enforcement, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said on Wednesday.
McMahon said authorities believed 33-year-old ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner died in the cabin but said coroner's investigators had not yet formally identified the remains found there.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command