Fire where fugitive ex-cop was sought not set intentionally: police
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The fire that destroyed a cabin in the mountains above Los Angeles where a fugitive former cop was believed to have died was not set intentionally by law enforcement, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said on Wednesday.
McMahon said authorities believed 33-year-old ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner died in the cabin but said coroner's investigators had not yet formally identified the remains found there.
(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Daniel Trotta)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow