U.S. says well aware of Iran efforts to obtain sensitive materials
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (Reuters) - The White House is aware of Iran's efforts to obtain sensitive materials related to its nuclear program, a White House spokesman said on Thursday, but he declined to comment on any specific transactions.
"We are well aware of Iran's aggressive efforts in violation of its U.N. Security Council obligations to obtain sensitive materials for its uranium enrichment program," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters traveling with President Barack Obama.
In response to a question, Earnest said he was not in a position to comment on any specific transactions.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.