Argentina says January inflation sped up to 1.1 pct
BUENOS AIRES Feb 15 (Reuters) - Argentina's official inflation was reported at 1.1 percent in January, quickening from December's 1.0 percent reading, the government said on Friday.
The country's inflation figures are widely disputed and private economists estimate consumer prices rose by 2.1 percent last month, according to the median in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen