Centrica plans to appoint Chris Weston as British Gas chief
Feb 15 (Reuters) - Utility Centrica Plc said it planned to appoint Chris Weston the head of British Gas, UK's biggest energy retailer by customer numbers.
Weston, the current head of Centrica's U.S. retail gas business, Direct Energy, would replace Phil Bentley, who would step down as managing director after six years at the helm.
Centrica said the appointment would be announced with its preliminary results on Feb. 27 if the proposal is approved by the company's board.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |