Centrica plans to appoint Chris Weston as British Gas chief
Feb 15 (Reuters) - Utility Centrica Plc said it planned to appoint Chris Weston the head of British Gas, UK's biggest energy retailer by customer numbers.
Weston, the current head of Centrica's U.S. retail gas business, Direct Energy, would replace Phil Bentley, who would step down as managing director after six years at the helm.
Centrica said the appointment would be announced with its preliminary results on Feb. 27 if the proposal is approved by the company's board.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |