H&M Jan comparable sales fall less than expected
STOCKHOLM Feb 15 (Reuters) - Swedish budget fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz said on Friday its like-for-like sales fell for a fourth straight month in January, by 4 percent in local currencies from a year earlier.
The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts had been for a 5 percent drop.
Total sales, which also includes sales in stores open less than a year, were up 5 percent, matching a preliminary figure given previously by H&M. (Reporting by Anna Ringstrom)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand