H&M Jan comparable sales fall less than expected
STOCKHOLM Feb 15 (Reuters) - Swedish budget fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz said on Friday its like-for-like sales fell for a fourth straight month in January, by 4 percent in local currencies from a year earlier.
The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts had been for a 5 percent drop.
Total sales, which also includes sales in stores open less than a year, were up 5 percent, matching a preliminary figure given previously by H&M. (Reporting by Anna Ringstrom)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'