H&M Jan comparable sales fall less than expected
STOCKHOLM Feb 15 (Reuters) - Swedish budget fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz said on Friday its like-for-like sales fell for a fourth straight month in January, by 4 percent in local currencies from a year earlier.
The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts had been for a 5 percent drop.
Total sales, which also includes sales in stores open less than a year, were up 5 percent, matching a preliminary figure given previously by H&M. (Reporting by Anna Ringstrom)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |
- Solid data, earnings push world stocks higher