TEXT-Fitch drops Jordan's Housing Bank for Trade and Finance and Cairo Amman Bank's support ratings
(The following statement was released by the rating agency)
Feb 15 - Fitch Ratings has affirmed and simultaneously withdrawn Jordan-based Housing Bank for Trade and Finance and Cairo Amman Bank's Support Ratings of '4'.
RATING ACTION RATIONALE
The Support Ratings reflect Fitch's view of the limited probability of support from the Jordanian authorities, if required. While Fitch believes that Jordan has a strong propensity to support the banks, given its supportive stance towards the domestic banking system, potential support is limited by constraints on its ability to do so.
Fitch has withdrawn the Support Ratings, as these are no longer considered by Fitch to be relevant to the agency's coverage.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets