Anglo American Full-Year Results - Interview with CEO and FD
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
LONDON, February 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In a video interview on video.merchantcantos.com [http://www.merchantcantos.com ] Cynthia Carroll, the outgoing Anglo American CEO, explained the mining group's $1.5b loss for 2012. Ms. Carroll blamed $4.6b of impairments and a poor macroeconomic performance for pushing Anglo American so far into the red but insisted an underlying profit of $6.8b demonstrated a good operational performance. "On a more positive note, and partially offsetting the macroeconomic environment, was a strong operational performance," she said. Finance Director Rene Medori insisted that the company had a strong balance sheet, with $18b in the coffers, after the impairment charges and higher capital costs. He said a 15% higher dividend showed confidence in the future. In what will be the CEO's last set of results at Anglo American, Ms. Carroll said: "I am very optimistic about the future of the mining industry and I'm very proud of the role that Anglo American plays." The interview and transcript are available now on video.merchantcantos.com [http://www.merchantcantos.com ]. MerchantCantos produces in-depth interviews, documentaries and webcasts with senior company executives. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com or phone +44-207-936-1352. Anglo American
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Amtrak train crashes into car in Virginia, driver hurt