Laep's LBR files for bankruptcy protection in Brazil
SAO PAULO Feb 15 (Reuters) - Brazilian dairy producer Lacteos Brasil SA LBR, which is partly owned by private equity firm Laep Investment Ltd, filed for bankruptcy protection under Brazilian law late on Thursday, according to a securities filing.
Laep has an indirect stake in LBR through investment holding company Monticiano SA. It had announced last month the sale of $10 million of shares to bolster its capital against potential losses in key investments.
(Reporting by Alberto Alerigi Jr.; Writing by Silvio Cascione; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'