CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens lower; soft commodity prices hit miners
TORONTO, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index fell at the open on Friday, led by materials and energy stocks including Goldcorp Inc and Suncor Energy Inc, as they followed commodity prices lower. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 16.78 points, or 0.13 percent, at 12,705.01 shortly after the open.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |