CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens lower; soft commodity prices hit miners
TORONTO, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index fell at the open on Friday, led by materials and energy stocks including Goldcorp Inc and Suncor Energy Inc, as they followed commodity prices lower. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 16.78 points, or 0.13 percent, at 12,705.01 shortly after the open.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |