CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens lower; soft commodity prices hit miners
TORONTO, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index fell at the open on Friday, led by materials and energy stocks including Goldcorp Inc and Suncor Energy Inc, as they followed commodity prices lower. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 16.78 points, or 0.13 percent, at 12,705.01 shortly after the open.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'