Nikkei falls on weak euro zone growth, caution before G20
TOKYO, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average dropped at Friday's open, with exporters weaker on concerns about a deepening recession in the euro zone and the yen firming yen ahead of a G20 meeting, where the Japanese government's policies weakening the currency could be criticised. The Nikkei lost 0.7 percent to 11,233.66, while the broader Topix fell 0.7 percent to 948.20.
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Zach Galifianakis, Louis C.K. comedy show 'Baskets' picked up by FX
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet