Nikkei falls on weak euro zone growth, caution before G20
TOKYO, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average dropped at Friday's open, with exporters weaker on concerns about a deepening recession in the euro zone and the yen firming yen ahead of a G20 meeting, where the Japanese government's policies weakening the currency could be criticised. The Nikkei lost 0.7 percent to 11,233.66, while the broader Topix fell 0.7 percent to 948.20.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food