US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St declines with slide in Wal-Mart shares
NEW YORK Feb 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks headed lower in afternoon trading on Friday as Wal-Mart shares fell following a Bloomberg report of slow February sales for the retailer.
Wal-Mart stock was down 3.1 percent at $68.60 and was the top drag on the Dow.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 47.18 points, or 0.34 percent, at 13,926.21. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 5.73 points, or 0.38 percent, at 1,515.65. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 11.71 points, or 0.37 percent, at 3,186.95.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |