Rupert Murdoch sells some News Corp voting shares
Feb 15 (Reuters) - Rupert Murdoch, chairman and chief executive officer of News Corp, sold less than 1 percent of his shares in the media company.
Murdoch sold 1,396,571 million Class B shares, out of 317,290,709 shares, on Feb. 13, for $40.1 million, according to a regulatory filing on Friday.
News Corp, which owns Fox Network, The Wall Street Journal, and 20th Century Fox movie studios, is controlled by Murdoch's family through its ownership of 40 percent of Class B voting shares.
In November, Murdoch sold his Class A shares.
Shares of News Corp are up almost 50 percent in the past 12 months. The stock closed up 1.4 percent at $28.90 on Friday.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source