- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Sistema India phone unit says intends to bid in airwave auction
NEW DELHI |
NEW DELHI Feb 15 (Reuters) - Russian conglomerate Sistema's Indian mobile phone unit, fighting a court order to revoke its permits, said on Friday it has told the court it intends to bid for airwaves in an auction due in March and wants to continue its services.
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd said in a statement it was awaiting the court's order on its application.
India's Supreme Court earlier on Friday ruled carriers whose permits were revoked last year must stop operations immediately unless they have won new rights to airwaves. (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy, editing by Anurag Kotoky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this