Everyone has a stake in Japanese growth - Australia
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Australia indicated support on Friday for Japan's monetary policy saying that as long as it was pro-growth it was appropriate, despite concerns by some that it was weakening the yen.
"Insofar as they are deploying fiscal and monetary policy to try to drive stronger economic growth, everybody's got a stake in that," Treasurer Wayne Swan told reporters ahead of a meeting of finance ministers and central bankers of the Group of 20.
The minister said it was up to Japan to characterize its initiatives, but said that it was the monetary policy of the European Central Bank and the U.S. Federal Reserve that was responsible for improved confidence in the last four to five months, demonstrating the need for active monetary policy.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Missouri officials to reveal grand jury's decision on teen's shooting |
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video