Everyone has a stake in Japanese growth - Australia
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Australia indicated support on Friday for Japan's monetary policy saying that as long as it was pro-growth it was appropriate, despite concerns by some that it was weakening the yen.
"Insofar as they are deploying fiscal and monetary policy to try to drive stronger economic growth, everybody's got a stake in that," Treasurer Wayne Swan told reporters ahead of a meeting of finance ministers and central bankers of the Group of 20.
The minister said it was up to Japan to characterize its initiatives, but said that it was the monetary policy of the European Central Bank and the U.S. Federal Reserve that was responsible for improved confidence in the last four to five months, demonstrating the need for active monetary policy.
(Reporting by Randall Palmer; Editing by Douglas Busvine)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video