Pistorius committed premeditated murder: prosecutor
PRETORIA (Reuters) - South African prosecutors will argue that international sports star Oscar Pistorius committed premeditated murder when he shot his girlfriend dead at his luxury home, they told a Pretoria court on Friday.
'Blade Runner' Pistorius, a double amputee who became one of the biggest names in world athletics, broke down in tears after being formally charged in the court with the murder of his girlfriend the previous day.
(Reporting by David Dolan; Writing by Jon Herskovitz)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video