Fire where fugitive ex-cop was sought not set intentionally: police
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The fire that destroyed a cabin in the mountains above Los Angeles where a fugitive former cop was believed to have died was not set intentionally by law enforcement, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said on Wednesday.
McMahon said authorities believed 33-year-old ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner died in the cabin but said coroner's investigators had not yet formally identified the remains found there.
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- UPDATE 8-U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports