UK's Osborne: Don't use currencies for economic warfare
MOSCOW Feb 16 (Reuters) - Britain's finance minister, George Osborne, said on Saturday that the Group of 20 would state its opposition to competitive currency devaluations.
"The G7 made a very clear statement this week. I think you'll see the G20 echo what was said, and say that currencies should not be used as a tool of competitive devaluation," the chancellor of the exchequer told a briefing in Moscow.
"Countries shouldn't make the mistake of the past of using currencies as a tool of economic warfare."
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia