UK's Osborne: Don't use currencies for economic warfare
MOSCOW Feb 16 (Reuters) - Britain's finance minister, George Osborne, said on Saturday that the Group of 20 would state its opposition to competitive currency devaluations.
"The G7 made a very clear statement this week. I think you'll see the G20 echo what was said, and say that currencies should not be used as a tool of competitive devaluation," the chancellor of the exchequer told a briefing in Moscow.
"Countries shouldn't make the mistake of the past of using currencies as a tool of economic warfare."
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid