- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states |
G20 consensus against currency manipulation - Russia
MOSCOW Feb 16 (Reuters) - Group of 20 financial policy makers meeting in Moscow have reached a consensus not to promote their economies with the help of currency manipulation, Russian Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said on Saturday.
"Changes in currency policy in one country will affect others," Siluanov told a news conference after chairing a meeting of finance ministers and central bankers in Moscow.
Siluanov said there should be competition between economies, and not between currencies. "This is what governments should be doing, and not manipulating foreign exchange markets," he said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this