TAKE-A-LOOK-Ecuador's Rafael Correa claims re-election
Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa claimed re-election on Sunday, securing a new four-year term where he is likely to continue boosting state control over the Andean nation's economy. For stories, click on the codes in brackets: LATEST NEWS > Rafael Correa claims re-election victory > Stabbing at rally not politically motivated > Correa hikes minimum wage in run-up to vote > Opposition seeks end to 'franchise socialism' > Lawmakers raise bank taxes ahead of election ANALYSIS > Correa, from boyhood leader to president > State spending fuels Correa's re-election bid BACKGROUND > Ecuador and its president Rafael Correa > Top opposition candidates in presidential race > Key political risks to watch in Ecuador > Key facts about Ecuador's oil industry
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid