- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- End to Fed stimulus, China slowdown rattles swathe of world investments
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
UPDATE 1-Mexico's Pemex evacuates hospital unit after short circuit
MEXICO CITY Feb 16 (Reuters) - Mexico's state-owned Pemex oil monopoly evacuated a unit of its Cadereyta hospital in the eastern state of Nuevo Leon after a short circuit in ceiling wiring produced smoke, the company said on Saturday night, adding there were no injuries.
The incident "was controlled without major damage," Pemex said in a tweet. In a statement shortly afterward, the company said the short circuit occurred just before 7 p.m. local time and firefighters evacuated 10 patients and 36 hospital workers.
Late last month, an explosion in Pemex's Mexico City headquarters killed at least 37 people. Authorities have said the blast was likely caused by a gas leak, but they are still investigating.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this