Ecuador's Correa proclaims victory in presidential vote
QUITO (Reuters) - Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa proclaimed victory in Sunday's presidential election, handing the socialist leader a new four-year term to continue expanding the state's role in the OPEC nation's economy.
(Reporting by Brian Ellsworth; Editing by Eric Beech)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow