LG Display to invest $655 million to make OLED panels
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean flat-screen maker LG Display said on Monday it would invest 706 billion won ($654.8 million) to manufacture next-generation displays used in televisions.
LG Display, currently the sole manufacturer of organic light emitting diode (OLED) panels used in TVs, said mass production from its new production line will begin in the first half of next year.
($1 = 1078.1500 Korean won)
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |