LG Display to invest $655 million to make OLED panels
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean flat-screen maker LG Display said on Monday it would invest 706 billion won ($654.8 million) to manufacture next-generation displays used in televisions.
LG Display, currently the sole manufacturer of organic light emitting diode (OLED) panels used in TVs, said mass production from its new production line will begin in the first half of next year.
($1 = 1078.1500 Korean won)
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim)
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- UAW union withdraws objection to lost election at VW Tennessee plant