LG Display to invest $655 million to make OLED panels
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean flat-screen maker LG Display said on Monday it would invest 706 billion won ($654.8 million) to manufacture next-generation displays used in televisions.
LG Display, currently the sole manufacturer of organic light emitting diode (OLED) panels used in TVs, said mass production from its new production line will begin in the first half of next year.
($1 = 1078.1500 Korean won)
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |