LG Display to invest $655 million to make OLED panels
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean flat-screen maker LG Display said on Monday it would invest 706 billion won ($654.8 million) to manufacture next-generation displays used in televisions.
LG Display, currently the sole manufacturer of organic light emitting diode (OLED) panels used in TVs, said mass production from its new production line will begin in the first half of next year.
($1 = 1078.1500 Korean won)
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government